AUTODESK App Store BIM 360 Hackathon OFFICIAL RULES
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE HACKATHON.
NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Eligibility of Entrants. The Hackathon is open to any person (who has reached the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction) who has internet access, who is not a citizen of, or located within, a nation that is subject to U.S. trade sanctions or other significant trade restrictions (including, without limitation, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, North Korea, the Crimean peninsula), and who is not identified on any U.S. government restricted party lists (including, without limitation, the U.S. Treasury Department’s List of Specially Designated Nationals and Other Blocked Persons, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Party List, Entity List and Unverified List and the U.S. Department of State’s proliferation-related lists). The Sponsor, employees of Sponsor, or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers, or advertising or promotional agencies are not eligible to enter the Hackathon, nor are members of their household or their immediate family.
- Hackathon activities, including web training sessions: August 1st, 2017 --- October 31, 2017
- Submission Deadline: Entries for the Hackathon must be received by Sponsor by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time of September 30th , 2017
- Testing Period by Sponsor: October 1st, 2017 --- October 31, 2017
- Publication Deadline: apps must be accepted for publication in Autodesk App Store by Sponsor by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time of October 31, 2017.
*All timing is subject to change at Autodesk’s sole discretion. In such an event, a notice will be posted on the Devpost site and/or an email will be sent to all registered entrants.
4. Entry; Acceptance for Publication; Eligibility of Apps.
- Entry must be entirely the original work of the entrant;
• Entry must not contain any advertisement or solicitation;
• Entry must not contain anything that is or may be: (i) threatening, harassing, degrading or hateful; (ii) defamatory; (iii) fraudulent or tortious; (iv) obscene, indecent or otherwise objectionable; or (v) protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express prior consent of the owner of such right;
• Entry must not contain any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability or that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; and
• Entry must otherwise comply in all respects with these Rules and the Policies.
Sponsor will have no responsibility for, and will have the right to refuse in its sole and absolute discretion, any entries that have been tampered with, or entries that are misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible, whether due to Internet or e-mail server failure or otherwise. Proof of transmission of an entry shall not constitute proof of receipt. It is each entrant’s responsibility to keep Sponsor informed of any changes to entrant’s contact or other information during the Hackathon.
Entries will be accepted for publication by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. The Sponsor will accept from all eligible entries received by the Submission Deadline. To constitute eligible entries for publication, the submitted apps must meet the following criteria:
- App should be submitted electronically to the Sponsor Site by the Submission Deadline. Refer to Autodesk Apps Submission Overview or submission process in http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=17183245 . The submitted apps will be tested by Sponsor and entrants are allowed to make further changes to their submitted apps during the Testing Period;
- App should use Forge API and be compatible with BIM 360.
- App should add additional value to users (Sponsor will be the final authority to judge whether an app is adding value or not to the users);
- App should work immediately.
- App should not require any manual steps to run; except BIM 360 Docs provisioning key.
- App should pass the testing during the Testing Period and be accepted for publication in the Autodesk App store by the Publication Deadline.
- All apps should meet the full requirements posted at www.autodesk.com/developapps
Sponsor reserves the rights not to publish any app if it finds any bugs, usage limitations or malfunctioning in any of the apps submitted. The Sponsor has the right to disqualify any entry that is not in compliance with these Rules in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
5. Reward. For all new apps submitted to the Autodesk App store by the Submission Deadline and accepted for publication by the Publication Deadline, each entrant will receive US$ 500  per app per entrant. More than one entry per entrant is permitted, but the reward total is capped to one (1) eligible entry per entrant. Autodesk will designate a third party Payment Processor (as defined in the Publisher Agreement) to make the payment to the entrants who win the reward. In order to receive the payment, each entrant agrees to abide by the instructions, terms and conditions of such Payment Processor.
6. Reward Terms. All values are stated in United States dollars. The winners will be solely responsible for complying with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, local, or other statutes, regulations, and other laws and for bearing any personal income, VAT, withholding taxes, customs duties, or other taxes, fees, insurance, surcharges or other costs relating to any reward.
7. Announcement. The winners will be selected and announced by October 31st, 2017. The winners will be notified by e-mail. The winners may be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and/or publicity and/or liability release form, to the extent not prohibited by law, prior to receipt of the reward. The winners must take possession of the reward as directed by Sponsor. The winners may be required to provide Sponsor with his or her identification information for tax purposes. The winners also may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. An “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses to the domain associated with an e-mail address. In the event of a dispute, an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Failure to respond to the winner announcement or return any required declarations or releases within seven (7) days (or any longer time specified by Sponsor) or to comply with any of the foregoing may result in disqualification.
8. Representations. By entering the Hackathon, each entrant represents and warrants that: (a) the entrant meets all eligibility requirements of the Hackathon; (b) in entering and participating in the Hackathon, the entrant has complied and will comply in all respects with these Rules and all applicable statutes, regulations, and other laws; and (c) the information provided in the entrant’s entry, including without limitation all contact information, is true, accurate, and complete in all respects.
9. Release. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Hackathon, each entrant releases and holds harmless Sponsor and other entities involved in the administration of the Hackathon, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (the “Sponsor Parties”) from any and all responsibility, liability, damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, statutory, and other damages), losses, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to: (a) the Hackathon; (b) any violation by the entrant of these Rules, the Policies, or applicable laws; (c) any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property misappropriation or infringement attributable to entrant or any entry submitted by entrant; (c) the acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any reward or any item purchased with any reward; (d) any entries that have been tampered with or that are misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible; (e) any problems or technical malfunctions (including but not limited to errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operation or transmission) of any computer, telephone, modem, cable, satellite, network, hardware, online system, server, software, or other equipment or provider, including any incorrect, incomplete, garbled or jumbled information resulting therefrom; (f) any Internet traffic congestion or website accessibility or delays; (g) printing or typographical errors in any Hackathon - related materials; or (h) any other technical or human error that may occur in connection with the Hackathon (the “Causes”). If anyone makes any claim against any of the Sponsor Parties arising out of or relating to any of the Causes attributable to the entrant, the entrant will pay for any damages, losses, liabilities, costs, penalties, and expenses, including without limitation attorneys’ and experts’ fees and costs, incurred in connection with such claim. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE SPONSOR PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE HACKATHON, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN STATUTE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED.
10. Misconduct: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant who: (a) tampers with the registration process, the operation of the Hackathon, the Sponsor Site, or affiliated websites; (b) acts in an unsporting or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy or harass another person; (c) is otherwise in violation of these Rules, the Policies, or any applicable laws; or (d) attempts to subvert the letter and/or spirit of these Rules. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Termination. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, modify, or terminate the Hackathon at any time for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including without limitation in the event of fraud, abuse, tampering, technical, administrative, financial, or other difficulties. In such cases, Sponsor will post notice on the Hackathon web page. Should the Hackathon terminate prior to selection of the winners, Sponsor will announce an alternate means of giving the reward on the Hackathon web page.
12. Advertising. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Hackathon, each entrant consents to the use by Sponsor, or any third party chosen by Sponsor, of any and all information, drawings, text, or other material contained in an entry or otherwise provided by such entrant related to the Hackathon, including any personal information obtained through the Hackathon, for advertising, marketing or any other purposes not prohibited by law. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by accepting the reward, the winner consents to the print and online publication of his or her name, address, and winning entry as part of a winners’ list and to the use of his or her winning entry, name, voice, photograph, biographical material, and likeness by Sponsor or any third party chosen by Sponsor, for advertising, marketing, and other purposes without additional compensation. Other than as set forth herein, Sponsor will treat any personal information supplied by entrants in connection with the Hackathon in accordance with Sponsor’s Privacy Statement.
13. Miscellaneous. Any dispute between Sponsor and an entrant arising out of or relating to these Rules, the Hackathon, or the reward must be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Marin County, California and must be brought individually, without resort to any form of class action. By entering the Hackathon, each entrant submits to the jurisdiction of those courts and waives any objection to those courts, whether on the basis of jurisdiction, venue, inconvenience of the forum, or otherwise. If any part of these Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such part will be modified by such court to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable while preserving to the maximum extent possible the original intent of Sponsor, and the remaining parts of these Rules will remain in full force and effect. Nothing contained herein or in any of the Hackathon related materials should be construed as an endorsement by Sponsor of any third party, product, or service.
14. Winners’ List; Mailing List. The winners’ names may be obtained after the winners are chosen by sending a written request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Winners’ List – Autodesk BIM 360 Hackathon
C/O Virupaksha Aithal KM
Autodesk India Private Limited.
Divyasree Chambers Unit A4, A Wing, 2nd Floor, Langford Road
Bengaluru 560025, India
All such requests must be received by December 31, 2017. Sponsor’s telephone number is 91 80 411 99 976.
Entrants who opt to join Sponsor’s electronic mailing list agree to be contacted by email by Sponsor. Requests for removal from Sponsor’s mailing list may be made as instructed in any such email or by sending a written request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Mailing List” at the above address, by calling Sponsor’s telephone number, or as otherwise indicated on the Sponsor Site.
© 2017 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved. Autodesk and the Autodesk logo are registered trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. Other brands may be trademarks of their respective owners.
 The actual amount of money received by an entrant may be less than US$ 500 due to any transactional fees or taxes.