Build apps that change how buildings and infrastructure are designed, constructed and operated
The landscape of construction technology is constantly changing. Disruption is all around us. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity.
Calling developers and innovators—change how we design, construct and operate buildings and infrastructure.
Join us for the Autodesk BIM 360 Hackathon where Autodesk will help you get a head start with new technologies to address the opportunities across the building and infrastructure lifecycle. Discover how integrating the Autodesk Forge platform’s cloud services with BIM 360 can enable you to create new applications and seamless experiences.
Help companies in the construction industry accelerate innovation, increase cost-efficiencies and compete in the new era of digital transformation and get your App published in the Autodesk App Store.
This is an online hackathon and there is no fee or cost to participate.
There are two components:
2. An Online Hackathon from August 1st – October 31st, 2017 where you can get expert help publishing an app on the Autodesk App Store and a reward! For all new BIM 360 based apps submitted to the Autodesk App Store by midnight on September 30th, 2017 and accepted for publication in the store by October 31st 2017, each entrant of the Hackathon will receive US$ 500 for one eligible app only per entrant. See section How to enter below.
The Hackathon will help you to get hands-on with the Autodesk cloud service—BIM 360 (built on the Autodesk Forge platform) and the Autodesk Forge API to develop apps that help construction management—enabling access to project data almost anytime, anywhere throughout the building construction lifecycle. Autodesk Forge is the developer platform used by Autodesk to create software for design, engineering, construction and manufacturing, and it’s available to you too.
Click the BIM 360 tab to learn more about BIM 360 and Forge, as well as the opportunity, community and resources.
Autodesk App Store: By publishing apps in the Autodesk App Store you gain immediate access to Autodesk customers who may be looking for or could benefit from your solution. The Autodesk App Store is THE online resource for millions of Autodesk customers to browse and download or purchase the apps they need. Click here for the App Store page to learn more about the opportunities for developers publishing apps on Autodesk App Store.
Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you’ve experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything. For more information visit autodesk.com or follow @autodesk.
The Hackathon is open to any person (who has reached the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction) who has internet access, who is not a citizen of, or located within, a nation that is subject to U.S. trade sanctions or other significant trade restrictions (including, without limitation, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, North Korea, Iraq (Nineveh province, Al-Anbar province, and Salah ad Din province), Crimea), and who is not identified on any U.S. government restricted party lists (including, without limitation, the U.S. Treasury Department’s List of Specially Designated Nationals and Other Blocked Persons, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Party List, Entity List and Unverified List and the U.S. Department of State’s proliferation-related lists). Autodesk, employees of Autodesk, or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers, or advertising or promotional agencies are not eligible to enter the Hackathon, nor are members of their household or their immediate family.
For complete eligibility information, please refer to full Official Rules.
API Use: App should use Forge API and be compatible with BIM 360.
App Submission: There are two steps to app submission:
1. Your app should be submitted electronically to the Autodesk Site by the Submission Deadline (11:59 p.m. Pacific Time of September 30th, 2017). Refer to Autodesk Apps Submission Overview for submission process. For desktop Apps see these instructions. The submitted apps will be tested by Autodesk and entrants are allowed to make further changes to their submitted apps during the Testing Period (October 1st –October 31st, 2017).
2. You will be required to complete a brief form under the Submission tab above to register a few key details and accept the Official Rules.
See FAQ and Official Rules for complete information.
How to enter
There is no cost or no fee to register for the Hackathon or the Webinars.
For Webinars only: You may attend the educational webinars without publishing an app. Click the Webinar tab in the top banner to register.
For the Hackathon:
Any individual planning to develop apps based on BIM 360 may register for the Hackathon.
1. Please review and assent to the Official Rules before entering the Hackathon competition.
2. Register in the top right hand corner to receive important communications and access the Submission Form. You will automatically be registered for the webinars.
3. Visit the BIM 360 tab for information about the APIs, as well as documentation and resources and visit the App Store page for app preparation information.
4. See FAQ for additional information.
Manager, Autodesk App Store Technical Team
Senior Manager, Autodesk Forge Partner Development
AEC Technical Lead, Autodesk
Marketing Manager, Autodesk App Store
Lead, Autodesk App Store QA Team
Principle Developer Consultant
The Hackathon is NOT a contest.
Different from a contest where a panel of judges selects a few winners from competition, this Hackathon just provides additional incentives to encourage developers to develop apps for Autodesk App Store.
See Official Rules for complete details.
As long as your app meets the development and publishing requirements as specified in the Official Rules, you are eligible to receive the reward. There is no limit on the number of reward winners!